Hardbyte limited is a bespoke software systems consultancy based in Aotearoa/New Zealand. Founded in 2019 by myself – Brian Thorne – a systems and software engineer with demonstrated experience leading teams that deliver novel high-impact solutions for clients in the emerging technology sector.
I specialize in designing and building scalable distributed systems with uncompromising privacy and security. I’m comfortable working at different levels of technology readiness from research to production. I’m based in Christchurch NZ, often working remotely. In the absence of globally disruptive pandemics, I visit clients in both Sydney and Canberra.
Whether you need a few hours of design review or a few months of building a new system, if you’re interested in discussing my availability please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cloud native Software Architecture
- Machine learning and privacy preserving software design and development
- Rapid software prototyping
- Production software development
- DevOps (e.g., Kubernetes via Terraform, helm package creation)
- Migrations to Azure, AWS and GCP
- Something else? Let’s talk!
Workshops and Courses
From time to time I’ve had the pleasure of running a few training courses. Get in touch if you’d like to discuss running one of the following courses in your organization:
- Introduction to Programming in Python – multi day training course.
- Python deep dive workshop – training course aimed at levelling up existing Python developers. Together we choose a couple of domains to spend time on, for example; modelling, machine learning/data science, web development, integration with other languages, testing, writing and packaging Python code for others.
- Introduction to Julia – 1/2 day workshop aimed at teaching the Julia language to existing developers.